Sunday 24 August 2003

I just love it when

People are really up for it with worship. This evening we had our 'family' type meeting (meant not to be serious etc). But one song in, everyone is just waiting to break into singing in the spirit when the words are out of the way. And people kept asking to sing appropriate songs, rather than needing a prompt or just waiting for someone else.

We didn't soar, because that isn't what this particular time is meant to be about (if God wants to over-rule sovereignly then that's fine however) but I could feel people just wanting to edge over into more. I'm getting quite excited now to see where He's going to take us over the next few weeks.

My single piece of discomfort in all this is seeing another good friend, Andrew K, there. He's in a lot of pain - pretty much morphine on demand, due to a near-failed liver plus various other functions that aren't too good. I know he's tough about pain, because even though his knees have been shot for a long time he's never stopped working (he's about 6'5", 330lb and runs a building company). But talking to him tonight and seeing him sweat from the pain, makes me want to ask "why"? Healing is a gift that just cannot be taken for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.