Tuesday 4 November 2003

So they finally did it.

And made the first openly homosexual bishop in the US. I guess the liberal side was never going to let it go until it had 'proved' to it was 'right'.

It makes me sad that people can apparently disregard bits of scripture if they don't happen to suit their point of view. There's nothing new in this, but this one does strike at the very fundamentals of what most Christians would call 'clean living.

It isn't the homosexuality, curiously enough, but the sexuality. If a man lived out of wedlock with a woman, would he be considered suitable for such a position?

If our beliefs cannot take us above our wants and needs (I want to look at pictures of naked women on the internet - why shouldn't I) then what is the point of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.