Tuesday 13 January 2004

After the rain, a little sun.

I had a bit of a scare earlier this morning.

Stephanie (our book-keeping person) has been extremely busy with the tax returns of her other clients, since the deadline for them is the end of Jan. I mentioned how glad I was not to have been asked to do another, when she told me that since I'd already done one and received a P11D it was extremely likely I'd have to do it. Not only, but also that I probably wouldn't be notified that it was required of me, as I'd done one before. Add to that the fact that as well as the £100 fine for being late, from this year you are now charged £60 per day over the deadline!

Anyone else know that clammy, sweaty feeling?

She did have a number that connected me with a real person at the tax office - last year I called and called using one of their regular public numbers, but could NEVER get through. This time I was assured by a 'Liz' that I was not required to do the return. Rejoice!

Not only but also, the long awaited pickups (a late late Christmas prezzie) have finally arrived. Can't wait to try them now. We've got Housegroup tonight. Wonder if I've got time before we go? If I do them after we get back, I won't be able to test them at a sensible volume :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.