Monday 5 April 2004

Well that was a fun afternoon.

I had arranged to meet a guy from Victoria (a couple of hours drive away) to buy a Strat for Ben. The plan was for me to borrow a car from work for the W/E and drive to meet him part way. Well, the car never materialised, so I got a cab over there anyway.

Had a great Time with Richard, his wife and their friends. First had dinner at the Mambo seafood cafe, then tried the guitar. Finally we went to the guitar centre where the friend (Julian) was planning to trade a pile of guitars for a new Les Paul. Literally spent the afternoon there, to the point where they were locking the doors. He got his 'Paul though, and I've now got Ben's strat sat here. Looks lovely in a creamy ivory colour with tortoiseshell pick guard. It's got some interesting PUs in it, and is nicely aged too. Plays well, with a good neck shape. The body is reasonably resonant, but not quite as much as mine, as well as being a bit heavier. It's almost too good to learn on!

Anyway, think I've made some new friends. Never know - they might visit the UK sometime too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.