Sunday 20 June 2004

Good feelings today

Went to the outlaws yesterday and instead of simply buying Chris's father a present, we planted a rose (birthday present) and re-did a flower bed in their front garden. Before it was a circle about 7 feet across, showing little but bare clay soil in winter and a profusion of weeds and grass in summer. We completelt dug it over, de-weeded and then reduced it with a wooden edging and then laid new turf to cover the bits outside. We also put a bizzie lizzie and some lavender in to help fill it out.

Actually looked decent.

Gardening is a dangerous thing for me to become interested in - it could take all my time, energy and money. Fortunately I think I shall be able to resist, since I have a life. I must be getting a bit sad in my old age, if I can actually get interested in plants and things ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.