Friday 25 March 2005

Do you ever find?

When you're unwell that thoughts become slippery things?

I started an argument over on the Eagle and child a couple of days ago. I keep wanting to respond, but everytime I begin to think things through and arrange thoughts they just seem to slither off into the dark.

My cold seems to have returned again. Yesterday at work was just plain difficult, coughing (which made my head spin) a lot and having no energy. I can manage stupid, trivial things - a kind of soap opera level of intellect, all minor details and emptiness. Like putting together a new guitar design - brainless entertainment. But when it comes to integrating ideas they just vape on me.

Spent about 30 mins this morning reading 'gummie worm pizza' (Yeuch). Trying to make useful comments that might help, rather than JUST entertain (too much of what we do is entertainment - ANOTHER reason I hate theatrical church). I'm also idly tempted to speculate how Johanna would get on with Ben - whether they'd fight or be friends. Having a peer group that's going on with God, determined to press into Him can make such a difference. I even caught him reading the bible on his own a couple of days ago. Encouraging stuff - things we need right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.