Monday 21 March 2005

Soundclips

Just popped a couple more clips up on the 'Rhyme Of The Ancient Mariner' this evening. The playing's just appalling really, but they give an idea of a couple of the tones that little amp is capable of. Funny too, how despite it only being 7 watts I want to play it way too loud for living room recording.

It just sounds so much better cranked a bit though - I was enjoying it so much on Saturday that not only did my fingers hurt, but my ears too. Part of that is due to a new speaker. God was gracious and allowed me to acquire a 70's Celestion G12M for a few pounds on Ebay. Theoretically it had some problems, but these seem to stem from it having been mounted the same way up for 30 years in a 4X12. I flipped it over and bingo - the voice coil no longer seems to rub. This is a nice speaker, with authentic tones and a woodiness that's hard to believe until you hear it. It can go from stinging country/rockabilly tones right through to a metal growl, taking in the Byrds on the way. Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.