Saturday 3 September 2005

Really tired tonight.

Bicester churches did an 'open festival' today. Essentially a party in a park in Bicester where everything was free: free games, free rides, free food, free face painting, puppet shows etc.

The idea is that we just simply wanted to make the people in Bicester feel good - have a good time with no worries about the cost, any unpleasant overtones and a happy environment. Estimates so far reckon we saw about 3000 people come through Garth park to the event, which is around 10% of the total population.

Pretty good.

Chris did non-stop face painting for 3 1/2 hours (amazing really). A big Thanks to Kathryn C too, who worked alongside her tirelessly too AND came up with some great designs. I did some electrical work and gophering in the morning, ran the PA for the 'Flaming Squirrels' band, policed the bouncy castle and marshalled during the welly wanging for a while in the afternoon.

I've a ton of pics on the camera, but I just don't have the enthusiasm or energy to sort and upload them right now.

I was really nice to meet Georgia too - thanks for introducing yourself to us. Georgia reads the blog, but doesn't post here.

Yet. ;-)


BTW Marc - this is another example of what I've talked about sometimes - the Church rising above it's denominations to become the body of Jesus, rather than remaining in it's denominational groups but trying to find a common denominator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.