Friday 23 September 2005

This seems a little more real to me.

Rita is heading pretty much directly for the world HQ of the company I work for. Wednesday the company was closed and all computer systems turned off (coincidentally leaving our UK office without email or access to most of the web, including this site). The facilities were also prepared to resist (if that's possible) the effects of the hurricane.

Somehow NO was different: I didn't know people there. I guess really too news coverage doesn't convey what it's like to suffer such weather, and my own survival instincts tend to say "I'd never get stuck in a stadium or die on the roof of my car"

Whatever.

I know there is a strong likelihood that some people I care about will lose their homes, while others will certainly suffer. If you want to pray, pray that God is merciful to that bit of coastline. If you want names, pray especially for a kind and gentle lady call Jayanthi. Her house is right in Galveston. I'm sure there are others from the company that live there too, but I don't know them.

If any of you are able to read this, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.