Monday 13 February 2006

Odd, yet good too.

It was a curious weekend.

Good - nope, great - time on Sunday at the Dan and Nikita's baptism.

But.

But I think I was struggling with the Lurgy that's been around.

Saturday I was tired, really ratty, fuzzy headed and indecisive. We wanted to book a holiday break away, but I just seemed to be struggling all the time. Hard not to get cross with Chris when it felt like she was interrupting me all the time, yet actually I was not being clear and decisive about speaking and so it wouldn't have been obvious to her (being interrupted is close to the height of rudeness to me). I ended up just frittering the day away, browsing the net, looking at the amp for clues as to how to fix it and back again. Didn't really do ANYTHING.

Sunday woke up tired and achey and very thick headed, only really surfacing around lunchtime after driving to London and back. Playing for the meeting in the afternoon, I just sweated like it was 30'C, rather than 3' outside. Managed to string a few words awkwardly together at the appropriate times, but still felt slightly out of myself.

When we got back after the meeting it was hard to stay awake - the eyes just kept drooping, legs ached and mind went blank again. Things rallied a bit when we got to Dan's parents place, and Dan's dad was kind enough to keep a decent conversation going with me.

Slept like a log last night. Feel OK today, although waking was hard again - maybe it was just a weekend lurgy, and I'll be OK now. Off to Germany later (back tomorrow night) so I'd better be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.