Friday 10 February 2006

Why is it?

That I can have a bunch of interesting thoughts when I'm busy somewhere, yet faced with this screen, my mind goes blank right now?

Guess the good thing is that I'm not being driven ATM, although it makes for a quiet blog.

Trivial things then:

We looked at a Godin stove on Saturday to replace the one that I inherited from my parents. 'Won' it on ebay. Looked really nice, the image suggested it was of a similar size to the item it's to replace. It's an absolute monster! If anyone wants a mixed fuel stove to heat a large room at a great price then contact me. Now we've got to find something else, probably in the 'much wenlock' size.

Discovered I have 7 days more A/L that thought due to an administrative hiccup (last year was a complete blur, time-off wise). We will therefore be trying for a little 'winter sun' shortly, mostly for Chris's benefit. Trying to find something that's not exorbitant or in a resort with 'clubbin action' but would be warm enough to laze on a beach. Egypt appealed a little until we thought about present tensions. Ditto Tunisia. Eilat looks nice, but is expensive. Probably try for the Canary islands or similar, although Crete is actually quite nice, weather wise (warmer than Damascus) and Cyprus is interesting but a little spendy.

Need to book a trip to see some distant friends soon too. Now we can have a holiday before the summer, it makes a 1 week planned trip to see them much more reasonable. This was a source of tension, as I wanted to go, but not pay for internal flights for a second week to more exciting lanscapes. Chris wanted a holiday for a second week somewhere with exciting terrain, and wasn't keen just to go for 1 week with no opportunity to rest. Ben wants to come to see new places and because it's free. Oh, and to meet people in meatspace he's only MSN'ed. That appears to be resolved now, and we'll try to find flights as soon as possible.

I've just finished wiring up my new amp 'Double Trouble'. Judging from the amount of hum it generates (more than a tramp on a hot day) and the fact that's it's already given me one electric shock there's a fair chance it'll live up to it's name. Based on the classic 18 watt marshall design, it has 2 channels with different voicings and a bunch of other interesting features. Ugly brute, isn't it. Still needs knobs and a lot of tweaking:


That's enough trivia to type up now.

Hopefully see everyone at Dan and Kita's baptism - Sunday 12th, 2pm at the Kings Centre, Osney Meade, Oxford.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.