Sunday 16 April 2006

A little too introspective?

This is turning into a busy weekend.

In the village this morning there is an easter egg hunt/easter day service at the local church (happening as I type this from the office). Chris wanted to go along, I have a tranche of things that needed doing, including something here at work - I'm in a period where I have to wait - hence why I'm blogging now.

What has this to do with introspection? My grandfather was a cantankerous and difficult chap, especially when he got older. He had one right way of doing things (the way they were done when he was young) and everything else wasn't quite right or plain wrong. There is a certain sense of deja vu, especially as I take strongly personality wise from his side, even though I have my father's sense of humour (take note, Sarah).

It'll be obvious to anyone that's read this blog much that I don't like 'religious' activities. After dropping Chris off at the church I began to wonder whether I should have been there with her, especially seeing other friends from the village heading toward the church, waving at me as I drove past.

This morning I was reading about serving. I sometimes wonder if I just simply need to get on and serve somewhere with my head down and mouth shut, rather than stand up and be counted while expressing my opinion? Might this be a little character-redeeming bit of salvation that would keep me from becoming like my grandfather in the awkwardness of old age (he had many great qualities too, especially when younger).

Food for thought.

Centrifuge has stopped now. Back to the lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.