Tuesday 6 June 2006

‘Left Behind’ has the Antichrist. “It’s got all the Christian stuff, and it’s still got all the cool stuff.”

"The reason that I think this game has a chance is that it’s not particularly preachy,” said Michael Pachter, an analyst at Wedbush Morgan Securities. “I will say some of the dialogue is pretty lame -- people saying, ‘Praise the Lord’ after they blow away the bad guys. I think they’re overdoing it a bit. But the message is OK.”

The game is based on the best-selling series of Left Behind books, which offer an account of the end times as predicted in the biblical book of Revelation. One of the series’ authors, Tim LaHaye, said the game had the potential to communicate ideas like salvation to people who might not think of themselves as particularly interested.


From the Kansas City Star.

Now I've seen it all.

It's hard to know whether to laugh or frown about this one. I think laughter is the better option - this is just so nuts that it's almost impossible to take seriously.

I know what it is that bugs me about this kind of stuff. How it's people winning still by their own strength and ability. From the little I DO know of how God deals with His people in times of extreme persecution and suffering, giving them guns and permission to blow away their enemies isn't part of it.

I did laugh reading the article, but this is so far off it's trolley that it never even made it to the hospital.

I predict it will fail.

Why?

"In the game, Tribulation squads unleash the usual arsenal against the Antichrist: guns, tanks, helicopters. But soldiers lose some of their spirituality every time they kill an opponent and must be bolstered through prayer. The failure to nurture good guys causes their spirit points to drop, leaving them vulnerable to recruitment by the other side."

How many people can be bothered to pray regularly? Too much hassle and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.