Tuesday 18 July 2006

Good sweaty evening.

Not sure what PA and all points 5000+ miles west of here are like, but the thick walls of an old house certainly know how to hold the heat.

Well we had a busy weekend and even this evening has been pretty full.

Saturday we took Chris's mum to a family 60th wedding anniversary party and at the same time dropped in on my mother, as it was her birthday too on Friday. We got dragged into the party when collecting Chris's mum and ended up being a little later than intended. Sunday was a round of cut grass/food shopping/starting a head cab/church/BBQ after with Kita and Dan.

Suddenly it was Monday and another busy day at work.

But tonight I had a second practice for the band we're going to have at the fun day, and I needed that cab finished so I could take a particular amp. Fortunately Ben took pity on me and threw it together during the day. The amp DID work well, and although I played pretty badly it actually sounded really nice: crisp and mildly crunchy Fender brownface clean tones and soldano-style high gain stuff. I do need to work on the solos rather a lot though - it would be nice to sound like I meant it, rather than some hack from a church who only knows the notes.

Then shopping in Tesco's graveyard shift and finally home.

Got everything away, then upstairs only to find that Twiglet the cat has killed and partially eaten an adult rabbit in the bathroom.

Yeeuchh!

Finally got it cleared up, so now I'm just blogging and catching up quickly before bed. Busy day tomorrow.



p.s. - Johanna - hope you can start sleeping better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.