Monday 10 July 2006

What a welcome back to England.

We went to bed at 9.45 last night. I finally awaoke around 9.15 am, having been up in the night to let the cat in/wee. This is probably the most jet-lagged I've ever been.

Anyway, plans for today HAD been to go cut the grass, go shopping, ride the bike and generally recover. Popped out as soon as I'd dressed for some milk from a local shop, only for the rain to start as a gentle drizzle (BBC forecast said today would be fine).

Milk was sour.

Rain intensified, went shopping.

Rain continued, so had lunch.

Rain continued, so sat at computer, about to post on forum, power cuts for 1 second.

Rain stops, mostly. Chris is in garden, but grass is too wet to cut.

Think I'll go-tweek that crappy-strat some more. Have to say, I'm really liking it. A new riff fell out while fiddling around this afternoon. With the GFS PUs in there it's really spanky, but with some depth too. The neck is skinny and action low enough to make it easy to play, and it's really light too. I need some bits for it: decent machines would help tuning and some better saddles would improve sustain too. The Bridge PU is a Gibson Humbucker from the 70s, but although that sounded really sweet in my V it doesn't work at all in this guitar, just sounding really muddy. I find this odd, as this guitar is much spankier than my No.1 strat, which is fat, round and smooth. Maybe it's the poplar body? It sounded quite nice with the GFS sngle coil in there, but lacked a little fatness, so maybe I'll take the bucker out, modify the guard to take 2 single coils and put the GFS back in, with a second SC switcheable in series to fatten up the output.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.