Wednesday 13 September 2006

And while I'm talking about riding.

There was a curious calm and quiet outside first thing. It rained last night and was misty in the valley this morning. As I left home, just before hopping on the bike I stopped.

The silence was almost uncanny, as though an invisible blanket had been draped over the countryside.

No cars.

No bleating sheep.

No cows complaining.

no birdsong.

Even the eternal noise of chainsaws and lawn mowers had ceased.

Rather nice, but odd. It was broken 5 mins later by a Range Rover that overtook me going up Mudginwell hill at around 75mph. That's a lot of metal to be throwing around on a country lane at those speeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.