Tuesday 19 December 2006

Well the weather's going cold here.

Not Canadian-style dry cold of course, but a wet cold that seeps into the bones and pushes pain into foreheads and ears.

Apparently we're due a lot of fog and sub-zero temperatures tonight. Gritting lorries keep driving past our house, and although it wasn't SO cold this evening, if it clears then the temperature will plummet.

We're going Christmas shopping tomorrow, and I'm going to try to buy a replacement livingroom stove.

The choice is between one of these:


And one of these:


I like the Morso on top much better from a design and construction point of view, however the Stovax below actually fits the gap a little better, takes wider logs (although it's less deep) and is slightly cheaper. I've come across somewhere that's really cheap online this evening, but there's no way we'd get it in time now and in any case I want to support the The Fire Place in Bicester as they've been so helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.