Thursday 22 February 2007

How many people find this offensive?

'This' is a top gear video hosted on google video.

It portrays a very specific view of America and middle Americans. It is NOT either fair or balanced, nor even particularly accurate in its reporting of events I suspect. It seriously upset a number of people on a Christian forum, and I can see why. The thing is, British humour IS different, and this is as funny as Hugh Grant acting as the wet English fop in Hollywood movies.

So tell me - do YOU find it offensive? If you're sensitive about your culture just feel free to pass this one by. Jonathan - I'd be particularly interested in your comments, with the proviso above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.