Saturday 28 April 2007

BTW

I put together a new test yesterday.

I measured something that's never been measured this way before.

The test could tell the difference between 1 picogram per milliliter and nothing.

1 pg/ml was actually 0.1pg in the well of the plate.

That's 1 X 10 to the power of -13 grams.

Take a gram. Cut it into a thousand bits. Then cut one of those into a thousand bits. Then cut one of those into a thousand bits. Then cut one of THOSE into a thousand bits.

Then cut one of those bits into 10.

That's how much it measured.

Even I'm impressed. I've been doing this *kind* of thing nearly 30 years and measuring almost homeopathic (that's a joke BTW) quantities never ceases to amaze me.,br.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.