Friday 7 December 2007

I don't often get cross about newspaper articles

And I ESPECIALLY don't usually get sucked into the angry, fruitless and often vicious arguments surrounding pro-choice and pro-life. However when this article was published today I felt stirred to make the following comments:

We need an abortion law because 2 equally valuable lives have to be considered. One can be very vocal about its rights, needs and wants while the other is completely silent.

We need an abortion law because people refuse to take responsibility for their actions. Who else will protect the children when the adults behave like children themselves?

We need an abortion law because many pro-choice supporters refuse to recognise that many lives are shattered by guilt, anguish and shame. Not because a pro-lifer has brow-beaten a victim that underwent termination but because of the biological, emotional and psychological consequences attached to terminating the life of a baby.

It is embarrassing that we must parade our brutal disregard of the value of human life under the wrapping of scientific integrity and personal freedom.


I doubt they will be published below the article, but who knows? Two of the three comments 'in favour' that I saw were almost breath-taking in their naked selfishness and deliberate misunderstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.