Sunday 6 January 2008

Thoughts from the Leaders conference: Chris

Well, I manged to miss half of it anyway. What with helping with the catering Friday morning, which was absolutely exhausting. (Who would ever have thought that washing up 1,000 cups & saucers could be so tiring?) And then having a migraine for 2 days. Presumably God got me to the things he wanted me to hear!

Primarily what I think he said to me was:
1) The anointing that we received in 2005 is still on us, but that the special grace we had for that year is no longer required. We need to step out in faith & be disciplined in preparation, & he will meet us halfway. What he won't do anymore is carry us.
2) We are to focus on what he wants us to do, i.e. disciple & nurture our group of young Christians, & concentrate on trying to do it excellently. Everything else will just have to fall into place or fall by the wayside. I am NOT to worry about the things that fall by the wayside as they won't be things of eternal consequence!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.