Wednesday 6 February 2008

A little snippet from todays Times newspaper.

"I was at BBC two when the f-word was first broadcast" says sir David Attenborough to Saga magazine. "The uproar was extraordinary. Now you hear it everywhere. People think they are striking a blow for intellectual freedom, but on the contrary they are robbing words of their effect and value". How we have fallen.

I have long been unhappy about relatively eminent Christians (and some mostly unknown ones) swearing about things and then saying how unhappy they were about other Christians being more upset about them swearing than the injustice or deprivation they were swearing about. This passage seemed to fit almost perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.