Friday 8 February 2008

A settled night.

Not me, but my mother.

Apparently she was getting ready for breakfast this morning when I rang the ward.

I wasn't at all sure I'd still HAVE a mother this morning.

I'm at the half-way point between gratitude she's still here and being uptight with twanging nerves. If she recovers then I'm asking for at least another 2 years of good health for her - better than it's been any time in the last 6 months. There is very little worse than sliding deeper and deeper into the mess, pain and indignity of severe old age.

Thank you everyone that's prayed for her.

This has certainly made me re-think about taking medication when I get older and fragile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.