Saturday 24 May 2008

Yup, another of those all-encompassing once-a-week type posts.

I'm sat here perspiring after an hour of cutting the grass.

Todays weather was meant to be wet, windy (it is, a little) and cold. The outside thermometer says 20'C, but the sun is strong, and even working with my shirt off in order to build tolerance for Greece (in 4 weeks) I'm hot.

This week has been a mixture. Much less difficult for me than Chris, we had our combined crisis point Tuesday night when I took that photo. That was around 7.00ish, when we wanted to visit Sarah's grave before everyone else left flowers. From there, we went on to church housegroup, and being with our larger family really seemed to produce a change of heart in us both. There's something about being with those you love that love you back that can ease hurts, even when the cause is still present.

Wednesday and Thursday for us have been times of some stress: Chris because of a work meeting in which she appeared to be the only one who knew (financially) what was going on, me because our Quality systems consultant was in and, while I like him very much, he has a manner that makes you think you must have failed somewhere.

But yesterday. Yesterday.

Fine for me, bad, bad day for Chris. It culminated with Ben driving one of our cars into the other, literally just back from being repaired from our 'road rage' incident.

Repeat after me "it's just a car".

So we veg'd last night. I popped out to fix a reclining chair for my mum, only to then discover she's got a water leak from a pipe in the concrete floor in her flat.

Repairs are what bank holidays are for, aren't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.