Monday 2 June 2008

Interesting how connections get made

And how hearts join together.

Chris and I have no intention of moving churches at the moment. However we went back to that little church in Upper Heyford again yesterday morning, and there seemed a very natural fit. This seems to be about forging links instead:

Ian, the guy that heads it has recently started going along to meet with all the others that head up churches in Bicester.

Erica (Ian's wife) is looking at working for the pre-school we've (BCC) started.

There's another connection that I forget right now.

So yesterday I spent about an hour talking with one of the guys there who came from Zimbabwe about 6 months ago, and it was like we really connected. On the Thursday evening before God gave me a scripture for him, which lined up with the things God has already said to him. Considering the enormous differences in our background and likely upbringing, it's amazing how much we have in common. Think we'll be spending more time over the next few weeks.

So I can sense the outlines of a strategy, but not exactly where it's fastened or what the specifics are yet. I hope finding those out will be as much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.