Sunday 22 June 2008

So here we are.

This is already half way through (no more 1 week holidays for me, if I can help it) and already wishing we'd decided to go for a fortnight.

What have we done and why am I here?

Well, I'm here because we got back from a trip out and are due to start a Greek cooking session in about 40 min. Chris said that wasn't long enough to do anything else (M&D take note ;-) so she'd prefer to read in the shade. I've had enough sun this morning, and my poor head will get shinier than a bowling ball if it gets more.

We've visited a couple of towns, swum a bit, snorkelled (found a column from a submerged Roman ruin) eaten interesting food, met interesting people, done various walks, canoed in the sea a bit. It's taken a few days to jog my memory of Greek, not that I speak much, but there's a way of doing things and of talking that takes time to come back. The drivers here are just NUTS though - never met any like it anywhere else in the world.

This place really does feel like Greece did 20+ years ago: at least outside the resorts anyway.

This keyboard is VERY strange - Greek-English and laid out a touch differently, but if I can survive typing on a French keyboard I can certainly manage this one!

Pictures when I get back. I'd not taken many to begin with, but I've just started now, and at least some will be tolerable I hope.

So TTFN. Catch up in a few days. Already missing some of you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.