Wednesday 23 July 2008

Terry Virgo on Mark Driscoll

You can read it here.

Ever since all the fuss a year or 2 back about his comments over women in leadership, something resonated in me as being *right* about what he said. I have no doubt the man has flaws, but the endorsement Terry gives confirms my initial impression - and Terry is a man whose judgment I DO trust.

One thing which confused me enormously was that he leads a church with the same name as that of Rob Bell, with whom I don't feel especially happy. I wondered if they co-pastored, but apparently not. 30 seconds of googling turned up this post. His comments on Bell and Maclaren give me more confidence.

I think that for the first time in a long time I've found someone whose books I want to read in the expectation of finding good things instead of bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.