Monday 8 December 2008

"Microsoft never pretended to be anything else, Apple sells a lie."

Another bit of the ongoing saga, trying to decide between a conventional laptop and a Macbook.

From TheRegister.

I've long thought along these lines - as a consumer, Apples ruthless approach to legacy systems and monopoly on equipment supply have kept me away. Largely it was for financial reasons, but now I can afford to make these choices I'm questioning whether this is the best move I can make for a professional tool. The closedness of the apple system is mildly unethical, and it also makes me nervous.

This is not knocking Apple, but it is a valid alternative view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.