Friday 6 February 2009

For the first time ever

We are snowed in.

At 6.30am there was just the residue from yesterday. It has been snowing from about 7am and it's really falling hard. Various neighbours have abandoned their vehicles, some quite a distance away. Ben got stuck on the hill outside our house, but with careful shoveling got his car back in its space.

I'm sure it's not just me, but older cars/tyres seemed to grip snow better than our present versions - certainly the tyres on my 307 are wider than they were on older vehicles, so cut through less. The 307 is really quite hairy on snow, where the 406 was a bit better and older vehicles better than that.

Anyway, unless you have 4WD Somerton is a no-go zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.