Friday 3 April 2009

So today I'm mostly

home with lurgy.

Runny nose, deep deep cough, swimmy head and achey joints.

:p

No-one is going to rub my head and call me a "poor little bunny" though - I don't do man-flu.


But I did discover something cool this morning. One of our cats (that likes to claw the carpets) was doing just that outside our bedroom. I stroked the cat to distract it and found that a couple of strokes was enough to build up a lot of static electricity.

Which discharged noisily and painfully onto the ears.

The animal was in confusion. It wanted the attention but didn't like the discomfort. Eventually it tried to bite and then claw my hand, which was fine as I'd seen the signs and was ready to move. Yet it seems the animal's memory was so short that within moments it was asking for attention (and shocks) again.

Anyone want a cat that's had electric shock aversion therapy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.