Thursday 4 June 2009

I alone am God, part Deux.

So it seems I don't know everything after all.

There have been several conversations running around for me this evening, on several levels. Ever been talking to someone else and have God say to you "you need to listen to this, I'm going to talk to you through it."? It's not in what they are saying to me as such, but within their words were things highlighted that I needed to hear, and which lined up with things I struggled with and placed I've been.

OK, here's another one, and the point of the part two posting.

God was talking to me again tonight, about the 'me' centric stuff, showing me things that were happening and explaining that this was the milk necessary for babes to come to Him. This is something I've been aware of at a low level, and even mentioned it in part 1, but suddenly it put everything in perspective. As someone else put it to me this evening, it's OK for the children to have nursery rhymes, even though they seem dull and childish to adults.

And here's where it gets scary.

God then reminded me that of 1 John 2 12-14, and then told me I was a father - not called to be a father. I need to be doing a lot more worrying about the children than worrying about being happy about stuff and whether it's done 'right'. D'oh, got it wrong again. The ways in which one devalues (or allows oneself to be devalued) are so sneaky and subtle sometimes.

Interesting, if not entirely comfortable times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.