Tuesday 23 June 2009

Saw my mum again this morning.

She seemed much better than last night, but that wasn't how she felt. However progress is being made by her body. Most of the pipes and wires seem to have been removed, and although there are some nasty/messy looking connections it's all a lot less scary now.

There's a real gap between what was offered pre-op and her experience, and because she doesn't deal well with analgesics the range of effective pain killers is much reduced. Morphine (still the main line of attack for pain) depresses her breathing too much, and so they have completely withdrawn it.

I hope she's able to sleep a lot right now, as she needs the escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.