Wednesday 17 June 2009

Well I've just spent the morning installing.

Samsung do incredibly good value kit.

I have just spent the morning trying to get a new colour printer to install drivers that actually work. Success has been achieved, but it required drivers to be downloaded from the Samsung site, and compared to the range of settings offered to windows users, these are derisory (although fully consistent with the Mac OS).

Why is it that Macs get such completely lousy printer options? Are there just not enough to bother developing, or is it the constraints of the OS? The Linux drivers on the disc *seemed* to offer much better functionality: I can't even select colour or B&W output with these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.