Monday 10 August 2009

Here I am

Preparing for the pastoral cluster group (we call it the nut cluster group - we're nuts as much as anyone) with a certain sense of deja vu.

It felt right to prepare stuff about God; who He is, aspects of His character etc. Last week I did something I hadn't done before, and it seemed to work well. This week it really felt right to go back to something I prep'd a while back. It's all relevant except one section I wrote.

As Christians we have a natural tendency to major on the closeness, the fatherhood, the familiarity, the graciousness, the love of God. Abba Father. Jesus is my homeboy.

I'm leaving it in as a possible discussion point, but in this church I can't imagine many feeling like this. It's good to recognise the different characters different peoples have, not necessarily wrong, but often a reflection of other things.

I hope it does work out useful and encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.