Wednesday 3 February 2010

Heard this morning on the radio - depression & the internet

Apparently there's a significant correlation between net use and depression.

Subjectively I'd say that I've noticed this to be true, although that hasn't always been the case. I've certainly been through times of very high net-usage and was apparently unaffected. However in my present more susceptible state I'd say it's certainly been true for me. A couple of weeks back I got a temporary ban on a forum for using an abbreviation (Jap, to describe the origin of my Japanese made Fender guitar. White Americans find it offensive on behalf of the Japanese they used to insult with it) and I've taken the opportunity to detach myself a little more. Hopefully this will result in less sleep lost (both to net usage and unhappiness) and a better outlook on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.