Thursday 15 April 2010

And in similar vein to the ebay post

THE best musical instrument review website on the planet has just 'fouled it's britches'. Harmony Central 2.0 is a non-functioning tram-smash, at least in opera on the Mac.

I'm not sure when they changed the site, although it must be sometime in the last 10 days, but it's not working. The HC2 site has been in beta since about October last year (they orignally announced the first beta about then, but it was such a complete failure of design that it was largely re-written between then and December, when it should have gone live. A re-build was always going to be a good idea, as it had never been designed originally to cope with a membership of 200,000+, but it's gone from a strong, striking site into a slightly bilious, bland mess.

I hope it can be salvaged. Last year when the members saw what was proposed there was huge upset, and it wasn't *just* because a change was on the way. I've not been on the forum since December '09, and I guess my membership won't have transferred to the new site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.