Wednesday 21 April 2010

Loss of the tacit right to steal?

There's a medium length article on The Register about how the battle for the digital rights bill was lost.

I'm not hugely a fan of the bill, since I DO believe it was initiated on the back of hospitality given to Peter Mandelson, and not for any moral reason. But at the same time, the originators of creative work should have a right to be recognised as the creator, and to require payment for it if they choose.

Most telling is why the 'freetards' lost the battle. Basically it appears to be a failure to understand how people work and to want to achieve a reasonable outcome. There's a message to any of us who are unhappy with whatever status quo we find ourselves in, about how we might help change our situations and change the minds of those we could see as 'the enemy'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.