Tuesday 1 June 2010

Just tried

The latest build of openSUSE 11.3 in KDE flavour.

Colours are nice, it found and enable me to use the wireless card (I think all the wireless issues are gnome-related, rather than individual OSs) and it felt crisp. Icons and various customisations look really good. Available apps were the usual suspects for KDE plus a couple I didn't recognise.

OK, the bad side: notice I said I 'tried' instead of 'posting from'. Firefox just crashed every time it was started. Konqueror couldn't connect to the network (probably defaulting to IPV6, and I don't know how to alter the settings). Fonts were a bit scrotty, smeary and bleeding like a Ubuntu installation in O_o, and that would mean an absolute and automatic rejection from me.

No-one's knocking Sabayon off his perch for now, although I may have to try to find a way of importing the icoms and maybe wallpaper of Ubuntu Studio (gnome, spit) since they actually look better. I really like the muted, functional look of windows classic, US etc. Toy-R-us Icons are for kids and marketing departments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.