Friday 16 July 2010

If only Sunday night didn't signal the end of the weekend

For the first time in almost a year I'm getting to play in worship.

There's an open worship time organised by some good friends, and I've been asked to play for it. I've been almost scared to hope that it would actually happen, been expecting calls to tell me it was off, or that they'd decided that God didn't want me to play after all. It's been such a long time in this desert, trying to be a fish that's barred from using it's tail.

Now let's see if I can managed to play without excess nerves/eagerness/stupidity/inability through lack of practice.

It's interesting the guilt that arises too. Years back I had an issue with 2 guys, both friends, that were drummers. One also played a bunch of other stuff while the other only drums, but it was so much a part of him that the first player never got a look in, only playing keyboards instead. Eventually he went away from God, leaving the church and then his wife. I often wonder if depriving him of doing the thing that was most part of him in worship contributed to his fall and all the subsequent hurt resulting from that. Yes, it was his responsibility, but being part of a body, we are ALL responsible for the influence and effect our actions have on those around us, especially if we lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.