Wednesday 30 March 2011

Fathered to be warriors?

Never mind the title, but I'm going through a book by John Eldredge (Fathered by God) in order to lead the bible study Sat morning. It's interesting how things get drawn together, but I think I see another reason why women should not be in church government as a general principle.

It's all to do with the heart, and as both young and older men, we tend to give our hearts to our leaders. Men generally draw the hearts of other men out and up, if they're good. Women do not handle men's hearts like that, and will generally (often unintentionally) crush them instead.

This isn't intended as a poke at anyone, but I've known male and female leadership within and without the church. And if we respond to the call of God then He won't reject us. At the same time, I have to see women in positions of government as being against basic scriptural principles and human nature, and it's nothing to do with equality or otherwise. However for our part, we men have not treated women as we ought - it's FAR from one sided in it's harmfulness.

Just thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.