Saturday 30 July 2011

Ever use a new operating system and go "WOW"

I've just run AV Linux from a live CD.

WOW.

It's Debian 5 (so old) but with the latest Linux Kernel and LDXE as a desktop manager. I've never known a live CD seem fast, but if this was a proper install you'd think it felt snappy, let alone as a live CD. The browser (Ice Weasel) was REALlY fast, but overall it seems quick regardless.

The other wow factor is that it looks nice (apart from the crappy quality wallpaper image) with a very clean interface and sharp fonts.

Best of all, the sheer quantity of audio visual tools bundled. Some faves are missing, like DigiKam, but there's a lot to like here, especially for recording. I think I've discovered what my dual-boot machine is going to look like soon. This might even replace Sabayon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.