Wednesday 3 August 2011

Amazing how some intellectualise their faith

For me it's always been so simple - just kind of God and me walking together.

Sure there's info and detail that supports it, but at the end of the day it's friendship and love. I don't need to understand God in the Hebrew or Greek. He doesn't insist that I exegete society around me in the light of the latest scriptural understanding. Some seem to need theology to be complex, difficult, convoluted, full of answers to questions no-one asks and even fuller of questions no-one wants answers to.

Wonder if that's how some people see me too, sometimes?

1 comment:

  1. I agree 100%!
    Martin Luther said "Reason is a whore....the greatest enemy of faith"

    ReplyDelete

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.