Wednesday 14 March 2012

Not having a terribly spiritual day today.

Tonight is another training sesh. I'm starting to understand why seminary/theological college sometimes destroys faith, and often changes participants from being full of hope, clarity and expectation into woolly, vague individuals who often seem on the edge of double-talking.

Or maybe it's just me.

When it comes to church, I'm not one for inclusivism. I want clarity, direction, unity and something we can run with. I guess the lack of critique, coupled to an almost enshrining of things people did over the last couple of thousand years and the making up of stories to justify a position are getting to me. Last weeks session on evangelical spirituality was a useful lesson about how people pigeon hole and lump vague groups together, with charismatics and pentecostals all being treated as one. The old myth about this group being all full of emotion and empty of theology was also brought out - an interesting comment when so few native Anglicans seem to know their bibles.

Maybe I'm just being grumpy this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.