Tuesday 17 April 2012

Now lent is over

and I've stopped 'fasting' from certain websites it's interesting to see how my blogging frequency has dropped off.

Chris commented that I'm spending too much time on Lightbox, and she's correct. Some of that was intentional, making connections in order to become part of what goes on can take a lot of time. Partly too it is simply interesting to look at the kinds of images people from a very broad range of cultures create, to recognise patterns of both creation and appreciation in their work and mine. Posting my pictures to Lightbox has certainly convinced me that I have my own style, at least for content adapted for that format.

Now that lent is over it feels like a particular burden has been lifted and replaced with another. I'm gradually being re-focussed and trimmed away, seeing the need to let some things go and the need to pick up others.

The last few weeks I've been going out several times a week just walking round and praying for the main estate on Heyford park and the church there in particular. I don't naturally have a heart for people outside church, but that's one of the things I think God wants to grow in me, so this has been part of that. There's also a need to pray for and into the church right now too, and so this provides an opportunity for that too.

It's been an interesting time - not like the Chinese proverb/curse - but feeling God talking about things more clearly than He's done in the past, trying to line myself up with that as much as I can. I don't know where it will lead. I see patterns, possibilities (some of which seem impossible, some of which people tell me are impossible) but so much depends on other people also being willing to line up with God that all I can do is what I feel called to and rely on His grace to work things out.

I'm glad lent is over. Now I'm looking forward to pentecost (not that I do seasons, but y'know, CoE church and all that).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.