Thursday 14 June 2012

Slightly on tenterhooks here

There's a large industrial auction site that is being used to clear laboratory kit from the Pfizer Sandwich labs that were closed last year, and not surprisingly, there's a bunch of stuff I'd find really useful.

So now we wait.

The most important things I've put real money bids on - less than I'd spend buying new, naturally, but still real money. Many items have gone for a relative song, but one in particular obviously had a bidding war over it, selling for >£900 instead of the £300 that it should have gone for.

Some prices were excessive for used kit. I'd have liked an HPLC system, but a start price of £4000 was too much, even if the new price was 3 times that. So I'm waiting to see what the outcome is. God knows what I need and what the right price is. And patience is a virtue (along with hard work - something I struggle to manage right now).