Wednesday 3 April 2013

A re-evaluation of digital content as property?

From http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22000668 a system designed to permit resale of digital audio tracks by completely removing them from the seller's computer has been declared illegal. To me, this changes the way I would see such content, and would remove ethical barriers to copying content without payment. I might still obey the law - because it is the law - but if I 'buy' something and am then told that it is not mine, it also makes me think that it was not 'theirs' to sell in the first place.

Probably not a particularly good argument, but this doesn't look like it's headed any place good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.