Saturday 22 June 2013

Irony always was lost on the majority of our friends.

I understand the man who revealed that the US was guilty of spying on everyone has been charged with spying by the US. Not unexpected, all things considered.

As a good friend commented recently, talking about Guantanamo bay, America repeatedly struggles and fails to do the right thing again and again. Not that other countries, including this one, haven't had a long history of also repeatedly and determinedly getting it wrong, in complete defiance of what they claim to stand for, but it seems that history really does teach us nothing.

As I'm sure those who suffered in the Maumau uprising would observe, being compensated decades later does not make up for the wrongs done originally, especially when they were even clear and obvious at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.