Tuesday 24 September 2013

Finally got my plate washer sorted

That's the bit of kit I was talking about yesterday. Makes me think of Rodney Copperbottom's father, reading the title back again.

Took the case apart again this morning for a proper evaluation inside, and it seemed it good nick apart from a bolt being loose. Looked it over afterward and found an electrical integrity check label dated apparently 1986. No wonder it looks dated. But it works OK now, in a slightly faffy fashion as befits stuff that was designed before the era of decent computer control and by a company who new how to make things work well, but not how to make them smart and tidy.

Instructions are still available online (I am SO grateful) and I've learned how to program it, more or less, but with a 1 line display that can manage about 12 characters, it's like trying to paint your hallway through the letterbox.

Now I just have to find room for it (and the other kit that's arriving over the next couple of weeks).

But this week is very strange.

I was working so hard last week: work stuff, church stuff etc that on Friday after I passed over the final set of results it felt like I was on holiday. Really. And these last 2 days I've been doing odds & ends, catching up, not focussing. Tomorrow I commence the clean-up operation to rack up all the samples from the previous 2 weeks for storage, then write up the results. Maybe I'll even manage some lab work of my own by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.