Thursday 21 November 2013

Riding the rollercoaster

Of feelings.

Today we said goodbye to Lisa, mother of Sam, wife of Nathan. She was only 40.

Times like this you come back and ask what's going on, did you not hear right etc etc. There were a lot of memories in todays time.

There's a time to live and a time to die. I know that - read the book, worn the tee shirt, buried the daughter. There is, however, a human continuity that goes on for those whose time it was not yet, and the fracture with those whose time it was is difficult to handle. I rather suspect it's back to God putting a little piece of eternity in each of as, and a sense of what it would be like to not be a fallen part of creation, subject to entropy.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry your heart is breaking with this loss. Praying for you and those who knew her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol hill5:55 pm

    Well put Toni. I have lost a daughter not'just' a daughter in law. .

    ReplyDelete

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.