Monday 15 February 2016

After just over 18 months

The keyboard on my Dell is starting to play up, mainly the G and H keys. I have 3 years next business day on-site warranty, so may well invoke that before the business is completely closed.

Talking of fragility and short lifespan, a colleague's iPhone 5 started on the death-spiral of ever-shortening battery life a couple of weeks back at just 13 months old. If it had been a consumer purcase then Apple would have replaced it for him (as required by consumer laws) but because it was a business phone they wanted £199. Eventually this was negotiated down to £60 (the cost of a replacement battery) but his experience of Apple staff over the course of multiple visits to a store many miles away was not encouraging. I wonder if there has been a change in corporate culture?

I have been 'encouraged' by work to have a facebook account in order to operate a business page for raising awareness of the lab here. Friends outside of work will not be able to connect: this is for business only.

I'm also having to resurrect my Linked-In account, and worse than that, will also become a twitter user.

It's a sad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.